Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Rest of the Weekend

Rocking Out!Despite our tiredness from the museum trip, we decided to head over to the Red Cup after church for a little lunch and to help surprise Jade and wish him a happy birthday. Then we joined the group as they headed over ot the Paseo Arts Festival. We had a good time, though Brianna and I were both hot and tired and a little cranky by the time we headed for home. I actually saw a few pieces I would love to have here at home, but the cheapest among them was a $600 painting of Einstein. Too rich for my blood these days, sadly. Brianna latched on to Lizzi as her best friend for the day from the get go, insisting on riding to the festival with her and Chad. We also wished Matt a happy birthday, and probably would have offered birthday salutations to anyone else who wandered by had we thought of it. On the way home, we even stopped by Jill's house and made her day by wishing her one in person.


Sprinkler FunWe decided to spend our Memorial Day at home, doing yard work, then relaxing. I mowed the lawns (with a little help from Brianna, who turned out to be tall enough to push the mower a bit with my guidance). We also pulled the worst of the weeds from the rose bed, and Brianna decorated the porch with her sidewalk chalk. When we finished in the back, I figured the best way for her to cool off was to play in the sprinkler, so I fired it up and let her run wild. We both tried to coax Angel to join her, but the dog isn't really into sprinklers, apparently. I got our new pet door installed so Angel can come and go without letting all the bugs in and all the cold air out, then fired up the grill for hotdogs. We spent some time talking about veterans, in keeping with the holiday, and I told her about my great-uncle, who fought in World War Two and died a little while back in Houston. She had only the vaguest memories of ever meeting him, sadly.


All in all, it was an excellent holiday weekend. I love spending time with my girl and exhausted as I am right now, I can't wait until our first week-long stretch coming up in another week or so. And now that the washing machine is finally done, I can toss my clothes for tomorrow into the dryer and collapse into bed.



Technorati Tags: ,


powered by performancing firefox



powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home