Monday, July 25, 2005

The Beginning of Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Covers

The other night, I started the real hands-on work for binding my edition of The Picture of Dorian Gray. Here are the results, the front and back covers. I used the tabbed corners from evilrooster's instructions, and they turned out pretty well. The covers aren't connected and there's no spine because I'll be doing a coptic stitch binding of the book, which will allow it to be opened flat all the way to the spine. This will take care of the problems I had with the printing offsets.

Dorian Gray printed


Here's the big pile of folding I had before me. The first three or so signatures are done, but there's a monster pile underneath to form the rest.

Dorian Gray signatures


And now the folding is done. I think it came to 14 or 15 signatures, but I'm too lazy to go back and count. The next step is going to be sitting down and punching all of the holes in both the signatures and the covers for stitching. I'm thinking of trying some new (to me anyay) embellishments I've read about, so I need to think on it a bit before I start punching.

View this post on my LiveJournal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home